Thursday, October 8, 2009

Days off

I'm back from Illinois! The below photograph was taken in standstill traffic just south of Gary, IN. That's Indiana corn, baby! Apparently, it's a big deal.



The week of product training was exhausting. Most days were around 10 hours long. I found the Whole Foods the first night I was in Naperville, and stocked up on jugs of water and vegetarian goods that wouldn't immediately spoil. I kept maybe-perishables in a bucket of ice and made dehydrated soup by running water through the coffee maker. Steven said it sounded like I was living out of a van.

I met some really nice ladies who just opened a quilt shop called Stash in Walla Walla, Washington. They will be selling fabric online soon, so stay tuned! In the meantime, I am keeping up with them on their blog.

Friday I drove home after class, and by Monday I had recharged and was ready to start sewing for fun again! This:



turned into these:



Rattles from Simple Sewing for Baby! (I sewed a bell into the head for a little noise.) These are incredibly fast and easy, which is all I've had the patience for lately. Also recently sewn: bibs, bloomers, and a little bird.

I started on a bag from the Spring 2009 issue of Stitch magazine, and then my sewing machine began acting up. According to our mechanic, I either have a motor problem, or something has gone awry with my foot control. Either way, I am without a sewing machine which feels unnatural. I should have a diagnosis by Saturday, and I hope it can be fixed. I love my little old Bernina!

No comments:

Post a Comment