Thursday, June 17, 2010

fabric haul: Cool Cottons

And now for another installment of "Fabric I bought in Portland almost two months ago!"  Truly, I did not intend for this to drag on so.  (Click to read about Bolt and Fabric Depot.)

Alright!  Our tour of Portland fabric shops ended at Cool Cottons on SE Hawthorne, with my mother, two aunts and myself all verging on cranky from a long day of fabric shopping.  This is all I ended up with:

Pictured from upper left: 1/4 yd of Botany by Lauren and Jessi Jung; 2 yards of Lecien's 'Old New Fabric Collection: Spaicy [sic] Scrap'; 1/4 yd of  Botany again; 1 yd of Joel Dewberry's glorious Modern Meadow; at center 1/2 yd of a lovely chartreuse from Luella Doss's Jungle Fever; below that, 1/2 yd of cuteness from Sevenberry; another 1/4 yd of Botany; a good chunk of Jay McCarroll's Woodland Wonderland, which I've used before!

I say 'this is all' because Cool Cottons might be my favorite fabric shop ever.  They do not stock a single bolt I don't like, not a one I feel enh about.  The owners, Pam and Marie, have impeccable taste which is hazardous to my pocketbook.  If you visit, be prepared to spend!

Cool Cottons has a full selection of shot cottons and lots of adorable Japanese prints from the likes of Echino, Kokka and Lecien.  They also carry a bit of organic canvas and hard-to-find double gauze, but their main focus is quilting-weight cotton.  All of the fabric at Cool Cottons is organized by color, which I like because it makes thinking outside of fabric lines much easier.  I kind of want to go there now.  Oh no.

For now, I'll have to visit their website and check their blog!  Sadly, Cool Cottons does not have online shopping, though Marie told me she'd ship if I got back to Indiana and discovered I needed anything more.  Umm, yes please?

No comments:

Post a Comment