Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June FQ swap

Like most quilters, I have enough fat quarters to choke a horse.  (Do people say that anymore?  It's kind of a gross figure of speech.)  Anyway!  Recently my mom and I agreed to do a themed monthly fat quarter swap to build our respective stashes.

Mom chose June's theme of yellow.  This is what I sent her:

(Seahorses from Heather Ross's Mendocino collection)

And this is what she sent me:

(top: tile mosaic from Laura Gunn's Poppy line; bottom: an older Kaffe Fassett from his Lille Collection)

I already have a good bit of the Kaffe print in yardage already, and was pretty sure mom knew that.  When I asked her about it, she said she sent two fat quarters because she "wasn't sure if I would like the first fabric, but knew I'd like the other one because I already had it".  Ha!

Note: I have not traded sewing for fabric collecting; rather, all my current sewing projects are gifts and cannot be blogged about until they've been given!

No comments:

Post a Comment