Sunday, August 1, 2010

birdie friends

I kind of love making stuffed things: pincushions, toys, umm... I guess that's it.  Pincushions and toys.  I started toy-making a year ago, when I needed to make a gift for my cousin's 4-year-old daughter, Kailee:

Upon receiving her little bird, Kailee began twisting the button eyes and trying to pull them off.  I should have anticipated that!  She seemed to understand when I reminded her the bird couldn't see without its button eyes.

This bird, I made for my friends' baby, Oliver Blue.  Naturally, it is a blue bird.  If you click here, you can see a photo of Oliver sucking his thumb with the bird on his head.  Which is where a bird like this belongs, of course!

And this is Elvie's bird, which matches a pair of bloomers I also made.  Both were sewn about seven months before Elvie was born.

The pattern is from an older issue of BHG Quilts and More.  (I wish I could tell you which issue!!)  They recommend using fleece but I didn't, obviously.  Prints are much more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment