Saturday, January 29, 2011

cut & paste

I agreed to make this as a sample for the quilt shop where I worked in Bloomington, thinking I would have lots of spare time once settling into Knoxville life, but that was not the case.  I am embarrassed to tell you how long this project waited for my attention, so let's move on!


It actually didn't take too long once I got going, but then again my mom lent a hand!  Can we talk about the above photo for a second?  It looks fake to me, like I Photoshopped the quilt top onto a photo of my backyard.  I guess because the quilt is in the shadow of my house...?  Anyway.


I seldom do applique, but it's actually kind of fun.  This is just fused and raw-edge, which is about as far as I will take applique at this point in my life.  I'll zig-zag the edges in the next few days and mail it off to Bloomington!

Pattern: Lilly Pilly by Don't Look Now!
Fabrics: mostly Westminster & Rowan brights on 100% linen

4 comments:

  1. Vibrant and very pretty colors--adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. My daughter would go crazy for that. Could you tell me the name of the pattern or where I could find it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words, ladies! Mitzi: the pattern is called Lilly Pilly from Don't Look Now patterns, and you can find it here: http://shop.shiisaquilts.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=10667

    ReplyDelete