Saturday, December 31, 2011

sewing in the winter months

When the temperature drops, you can find me nestled in my wingback chair, needle in hand, stork scissors close by, slowly stitching the day away.  (Evidence found here.)


This is my latest undertaking, which involves hand-dyeing, reverse applique, and lots of embroidery or quilting, if you rather.  I can't decide if I'll call it a table runner or a wall hanging, but I promise to share more photos once I have more to show for myself!

Inspiration:


We only have a handful of hours left in 2011, and I am not sad to see it go.  It was a chaotically busy year, during which I moved from Knoxville (my home of 9 months) to Cookeville.  I began my first semester of university, maintained a 4.0 GPA, held a part-time job, and sewed for school and for my business.  I attended craft shows in Greenville SC, Cincinnati OH, and Nashville TN during the semester, plus several other events before school began.  I learned to draw and to weave, and to manage my time like a total boss.

I look forward to 2012, don't you?

1 comment:

  1. Many thanks for a good time visiting your web blog. Sewing is my passion.

    High End Childrens Clothing

    ReplyDelete