Monday, July 30, 2012

container garden harvest

It's been almost two months since my last post, and in that time my container garden has taken off.  As it turns out, two tomato plants, three pepper plants, and a handful of herbs is enough to keep this gal in business.  I harvested my first round of produce this week, and expect many more jalapenos to follow.


A few days ago I came home to find a handful of wooden stakes on my porch, along with a handwritten note that read "mater sticks".  My tomato plants had contorted in their effort to acquire more sunlight than my porch offered, so I tied them with jute to some twigs I rustled from my yard's perimeter.  A kindly neighbor had taken notice, and my tomato and pepper plants are now properly supported.  Sometimes rural living is rather nice.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! What a great harvest! I want tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete